Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The new apartment: my bedroom

Now that I'm semi-settled in my new apartment, I think I'm overdue for providing some pictures. In general, I spent three weeks looking around, and I think I finally found the "holy grail" of apartments in London. The search was painful and involved looking at tons of places. But I think it was worth it, in the end.

We'll start with my bedroom. Oh - first of all, this is a furnished apartment, which is fairly common in London. So it came more or less as-is, with the exception being that I bought the sheets in this picture (really nice ). Relatively for London this is a big bedroom, with a double bed and a good amount of extra space. In general, the furniture is fairly modern. You can see blinds in the left corner of the window; the window lets out into a very small "courtyard"-type area that is private to the apartment. Near the window is a built-in wardrobe, and when combined with the set of drawers that you can see, I've got plenty of space. The marble floors run throughout the entire apartment. Also you can't see the lighting, which I could add an entire post about, but it's dozens of Italian small lights set up on a central control for dimming (it has different light programs / settings).

To the right of my bed is the bathroom. You can just make out the black sheets of the bed in the mirror's reflection. It's a good-sized bathroom and very modern looking.

The right hand side of the bathroom has a walk-in rain shower (the water all comes down from the fixture on the ceiling). My roommate's shower is similar, but his also features a steam shower. Actually, if you look in the glass in the shower door, you can see some of the bedroom lighting that I mentioned (several smaller lights, maybe 10 - 20).

3 comments:

AC said...

Where is it?

Josh said...

24A Ivor Place
Marylebone
London NW1 6HR
United Kingdom

Basically in central London, near Baker Street tube station and Regent's Park.

AC said...

Nice. I was over off the south corner of Hyde Park when I was there.