Sunday, August 23, 2009

House warming party

I promise, I swear, this is the last post before I start taking / adding lots of pictures to the blog.

Last night I had an open-invite housewarming party and it went off without a hitch. I would guess that we had 100 people throughout the course of the night, with maybe 75 at the peak, and we were up until the wee hours of the night. I love to host events for people and this was a great way to socialize with my new classmates.

Tomorrow is a big day. The first day of school! Ok, so there aren't any classes or work to do, and I've already met 50% of the other students. But I find out who my stream is - we're divided into smaller sections of maybe 75 people, to make it more manageable, and these are the people we take all our classes with. I hope I get a bunch of my friends! Even more exciting / intimidating is the prospect of a study group. We'll have a lot of group projects to do among a much smaller team of 6 - 7 people. Groups are randomized by nationality, prior work experience, and gender, among other factors. Getting good study group members can have a huge impact on your first year at school. So a lot is riding on tomorrow!

No comments: