Sunday, August 9, 2009

Living it up in London

I am thoroughly enjoying London. Most of my first week here has been spent more or less as I expected - making new friends among the LBS students and going out every night. The group pictured above are actually some of my best friends here - Molly (USA), Trisha (Philippines), Hernan (Peru), Mark (Canada), and yours truly.

The bars here are similar to what you'd see in the US. You go out, chat, and have a few beers. And beer here is mostly cold, contrary to popular belief - I guess it's something that changed a few years ago. So it's a fairly familiar routine for me, but going out every night is wearing me down a little bit.

I'm a little disappointed on my progress with practical matters. I bought some socks, which was a nice baby step. But I still have some loose ends in the US, I don't have an apartment yet in London, and I don't have a bank account. This upcoming week is just going to have to be super-productive!

No comments: