Friday, May 16, 2008

Jama Masjid mosque - Delhi

Ok, here's the start of some of the Delhi pictures that I promised. Jama Masjid is a massive mosque in Delhi. My fav pic is the one below. If you look at the bottom right corner, you can make out the guy praying. I was the only white guy, the only non-Muslim, and the only one with a camera. To be honest, everyone was really rude. But I suppose they probably get a lot of obnoxious tourists running around their place of worship, and are a little tired of it.

These kids came up to me and asked me for 10 rupees. I told them no way, but I wasn't mean and didn't run them off. So then we just hung out and talked for a while. They really wanted their picture taken so they could see what it looked like.

It was pigeon-mania at the mosque. This man was sweeping with a whisk / broom and spooked some pigeons. Kind of a cool picture.

No comments: