Sunday, May 25, 2008

Humayun's Tomb - Delhi

Does this look vaguely familiar? No, it's not the Taj Mahal. Humayun's Tomb predates the Taj significantly, and the Taj was modeled after it. Indian architecture does not mind copy-catting itself. In general, I was underwhelmed. The exterior is spectacular, but the inside is very plain, and fairly run-down.

This is my GQ picture. Totally posed, but hey - probably the best picture ever taken of me.


This is the inside of Humayun's Tomb. There's a great risen ceiling, but again, fairly plain. It's hard to tell from this picture, but it's extremely dark in the room with the actual tomb. On a busy day of seeing things in Delhi, this wasn't the highlight for me. My feelings about Humayun's Tomb make me worried about my inevitable trip to the Taj Mahal - I've heard that it's quite a let-down.

No comments: