Sunday, May 18, 2008

Maldives! Snorkeling pics

Oddly enough, I'm going farther and farther back in time with my pictures. These date back to February, but I'm putting them up anyway, because I just got them back. I dropped them off to be developed almost a month ago and basically forgot about them.

The pictures came out! I was shocked, as this was such a last-minute endeavor. My dive boat was ready to leave, and on impulse I ran back to the resort, found the gift shop, and bought a $35 (yes, they kill you that badly on the price) disposable camera. My best guess was that everything would be a blur. There's so much (lighting, focus, etc.) that goes into a photograph that I didn't expect too much from a disposable underwater picture. But - not bad!

Heh - beware the great white whale!

The moray eel was as thick as my leg and it had to be 15 feet long. I wanted to get closer for a better picture, but I figured there was a decent chance it could bite my hand off.

No comments: