Sunday, January 20, 2008

Poker night

I used to host poker nights at my place back when Ryan and Getzel lived in Atlanta. And I hosted a few impromptu games this past summer. But my chances to play have been slim for a couple years, even though I love the game. I'm excited to say that I may have found a regular poker game in India.

And I played very well, coming in fourth. I bet wisely on my last hand, going all in with a pair of 2's against King-9, but Victor caught a flush on the last card. We drank Chimay beer all night which was delicious - it only arrived in Bangalore last month, and can only be bought from a single Dutch grocery store.

And I ate lamb brains. Yes, that's right - I ate brains. It wasn't necessarily on purpose. It was sitting out in the kitchen, and it looked like cheese! But it's done. I'll just put that on a list with other weird foods that I've eaten - alligator, snake, ostrich jerky, a warthog meatball sub, shark fin, and chicken ovaries. PS - don't eat brains, the texture is gross.

No comments: