Thursday, January 10, 2008

Athens Day 3

Day 3 involved a lot of sites around Athens. The Tower of the Winds. An old neighborhood with colorful, winding alleys. The archaeological museum with its gold jewelry and pottery. The temple of Zeus. A Byzantine church from the 11th century. Syntagma Square lit up at night with a carousel. I'll leave you with two pictures for the day. One is graffiti: it's nasty and ubiquitous in Athens (I suspect they clean it up for tourist season), but some of it made me smile. The other is a typical street in Greece, just so you can get a feel for it. By the way - it had significantly warmed up by this point, so I was enjoying myself more and walking around.

Day 4 in Athens involved more walking around and seeing old stuff, and some shopping. It was good old stuff, but I feel like I'm beginning to drag on a little about Athens. So my next post will be about Bangalore. I'm back!

No comments: