Tuesday, October 23, 2007

News from India 2

Another crazy headline...

Monkeys attack Delhi politician

Delhi has long struggled to cope with marauding monkeys. The deputy mayor of the Indian capital Delhi has died a day after being attacked by a horde of wild monkeys. SS Bajwa suffered serious head injuries when he fell from the first-floor terrace of his home on Saturday morning trying to fight off the monkeys. The city has long struggled to counter its plague of monkeys, which invade government complexes and temples, snatch food and scare passers-by. The High Court ordered the city to find an answer to the problem last year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the blog. I miss you when I come home. It's weird not having you around the house. I'm kind of going through Josh withdrawals. The blog helps.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite actions: "Give back the monkey!"

Anonymous said...

You didn't post the best part of the article, which says that the city may train other, fiercer bands of monkeys to combat the wild monkeys. It was my favorite part!