Sunday, September 23, 2007

Packing up

This was a very, very quiet weekend. I finally rented a 5'x10' storage space and I've been moving into it. My plan is to arrive at what I'm bringing to India through subtraction; as I pack up some of the less-important things, I'll be able to zero in on the things that should make the flight. I realized that my desktop computer probably won't fit in my carry-on, so I bought an external hard drive to take everything with me. It's as small as a calculator! I'm easily amazed by technology.

In a sad moment, I tried to break up the monotony of packing by going to the Falcons game today. I called 15 people and couldn't find anyone to go with me, even though the ticket would've been free. After 15 calls I just gave up. That's how bad the Falcons are right now; I couldn't give a ticket away. 0-3 and falling... the Texans will cream us next week.

I'm not leaving for 13 days, and you may be wondering why I'm packing so early. It's because I've accumulated so much stuff. Most people in their 20's move every year, and do a kind of Spring Cleaning each time. But since I've been in my house for three and a half years, I haven't purged in a long time. As a result, there are a lot of ugly Christmas sweaters tucked into dark corners. I'll find them all eventually.

No comments: