Monday, September 17, 2007

My new home?

Paste this into Google to see the location (exclude the quotes): "maps Moyen Ville Rd, Bangalore, Karnataka, India". Click the first link that appears.

I finally found an apartment that I like at a place called Chez Leila. It's located in a neighborhood called Langford Town. Langford Town isn't a cool neighborhood like Indiranagar or MG Road, but it's very centrally located and only 2 miles from MG Road (where the bars / clubs are). It's also conveniently located for my commute to work. The apartment is on a quiet side street off the main road, so it should be peaceful, but only a short walk to shops.

The apartment is fully furnished, which is hard to find. The furniture features several ornately carved antiques. I think they're beautiful and distinctly Indian, which I like. Too many apartments feel like they could be in the US. The best part about the apartment is that it's spacious. There's even a large outdoor patio/terrace. And yes, I do have a guest room for you (and you too, Adam!). Given the size, I would've expected it to be priced at 50% more, so I think I found a bargain. Keep your fingers crossed for me - there is still a lot of negotiating to do, and it could fall through.


2 comments:

Agent Fantana said...

That's hott, but where's your comment on my blog? I think I'm moving to San Diago because I'm more than in love with it. I need to get a room with it, in fact. I'm drunk. Holler!

Anonymous said...

Chez Leila, huh?