Saturday, June 28, 2008

Arc de Triomphe

If you're done looking at the picture, then you and I have both spent about the same amount of our time with the Arc de Triomphe. I came out of a metro station and there it was, so I snapped a few pictures. It looked great, but had cars circling it. C'mon people, use your national monuments for more than decoration for a roundabout. Anyway, the color saturation with the bright blue sky looks surreal

This close-up (above) on the statuary on the Arc came out really well. If you walk south from the Arc, you're on the famous Champs Elysees. It's a tree-lined street with wide sidewalks, true. But the shops are very disappointing. The storefronts aren't very impressive, and they have the same brands that I expect to see in any high-end mall. I didn't feel compelled to go into any of them.

No comments: