Saturday, August 23, 2008

Book USA

I have a terrible memory. You would think this would hamstring me in life, but I have a work-around. I make myself little post-it notes about everything. If I ever forget your birthday / loan / whatever, it means that a post-it note either got thrown away too early, or went through the wash, or one of a million other things.

This evening's post-it says, "Book USA." Wild! I left the US in very early October (my initial "check things out" trip, which you may also remember, was in mid September). I am probably about six weeks from heading back to America.

Am I looking forward to it? Yes. Am I sad about leaving? I can't even begin think about that right now. All I can think about are the things I want to accomplish in my professional life before I go. There are so many things on the verge of happening, and I'm anxious to just tip them a little more and make them become a reality. I will be really disappointed if this year ends up like this: "India ALMOST achieved XYZ great thing, but after Josh left, it just kind of lost momentum."

No comments: